Goodbye 2014, Hello 2015!!! Welcome to a New Year!!! I hope that each and every one of you are starting off the year with Love, Faith, and Many Blessings!! Have you made any New Year’s resolutions or set any new goals for the New Year?? If not, what’s holding you back? Do you need a confidence booster? I know I don’t need to be the one that tells you this, but I can guarantee that you can do anything you set your mind to! My goal today is to, hopefully, inspire you to never give up and to go for your dreams!
I am so happy to announce that I am finally back in action! It’s been a while I know. A lot has happened over the past year and, unfortunately, it kept me from having the time I needed to do what I love most – write! For me, 2014 went something like this:
- I finally healed enough to go back to work at the end of January.
- After 19 long, ridiculous, and exhausting months, I finally got divorced in July! (although it could have, and should have, been over in July 2013!)
- I gave my first speech to a local Rotary Club on Domestic Violence prevention and am very proud of how it went! (BTW I am available for speeches. Please email me or message me on Facebook and I’ll be glad to help you out.)
- I changed jobs!!
- I got engaged!!!
- I got Married one month after I got divorced (talk about a rush to plan a wedding!)!! The man I married was actually a childhood friend of mine. He decided to try to reach out to me after my separation from my ex-husband and we hit it off right from the start! He is my Best Friend. He supports everything that I do and he is a wonderful step-dad to my children. I could go on and on about him but I know that’s not what you want to hear about haha!
- I went on the absolute most romantic and amazing honeymoon cruise to the Caribbean for 7 days!! I highly recommend Carnival cruise lines for your honeymoon or vacation! Best 7 days of my life!!!
- In November, I finally got the news that my spinal fusion had taken! In the process, I have developed arthritis right above the fusion which, of course, isn’t curable; however, I am just happy that no more surgery is required and I can move on with my life!
Between all of this and all of the kids after-school and summer activities, I just didn’t have the time I needed to focus on my writing. I am; however, so very proud of myself for making it through ALL of this and still keeping my head on my shoulders. It was truly a whirlwind of a year for me and I still can’t believe I didn’t lose all of my marbles in the process!! Haha!
That being said, I know that 2015 will be a much calmer year for me and I am so excited to get back to doing what I do best – putting my thoughts and words into writing! I have decided not to set resolutions for 2015. I believe that goals are more appropriate for me and I believe that they should be achievable over a period of time as most must become habit. So my goals for 2015 are:
- To stop smoking by the end of January. This is a very bad habit for me and I have struggled to stop over the years, but I know it is absolutely necessary if I want to stay around for my kids and husband for many years to come. (Plus there may be a secret surprise coming this year that will require me to be as healthy as possible. Shhh!)
- To make healthier food choices and drink more water. I love food! Who doesn’t? The problem is, I have always just gone for what tastes the best and I plan to put more thought into this with each meal going forward. This is a lifestyle change, not a one month change.
- Walk more. I have learned the hard way that I can no longer run. The pain in my back is just too much to bear when I try.
- Write daily!! I have many book ideas and have already started entering contests, applying for freelance jobs, and applying for various grants. I am going to chase my dream regardless of any negative opinions. It’s my life and I will live it the way I want from this point forward!
- Blog weekly and enhance my blog for all of you! I have a lot of information to share and I want to make sure I get it out there so that anyone who may need help or inspiration has somewhere reliable to find it!
- Volunteer more! I am already a volunteer for CASA and am looking to expand my efforts and provide my services to our local domestic violence organizations. This is my passion after all and my reason for blogging and writing!
If this post inspires just one person out there to never give up and keep moving towards your dreams, I have done my job! I hope that all of you have a wonderful New Year and come back often to visit my blog because, I promise, you will not be disappointed this year!! Please feel free to leave a comment!